Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance
Transportation is absolutely crucial to all businesses, whether its driving to meetings, delivering inventory, or lugging equipment across town. With the number of cars on the roads in both Houston and Los Angeles, accidents are inevitable, which poses an immense risk to business owners who depend on the timely delivery of goods or services to keep them in operation. Commercial auto insurance protects business owners in the event of an automobile incident and provides the coverages necessary to get the vehicle and the business back up and running.
Basic Commercial Auto Insurance Coverages:
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability - covers expenses related to injury or death of another person or others' vehicles if caused by you or an employee driving the business vehicle in an auto accident. In commercial auto policies, these coverages are normally presented as a combined single limit (CSL).
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist - covers damages to you or an employee driving the business vehicle and others in the vehicle as well as damage to the vehicle if you are involved in a hit-and-run incident, or if you're struck by a driver who either doesn't carry insurance or whose insurance limits do not satisfy the amount of damages incurred.
- Personal Injury Protection - covers you or an employee driving the business vehicle and others in the vehicle for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation, lost wages, and funeral expenses.
- Medical Payments - covers you or an employee driving the business vehicle and others in the vehicle for the cost of medical bills resulting from injuries caused by an accident.
- Collision - covers damages to your business vehicle in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Comprehensive/Other than collision - covers damages to your business vehicle resulting from fire, lightning, hail, flood, falling objects, vandalism, theft, and other specified perils.
- Rental Car Coverage - covers you for renting a vehicle while your business vehicle is being repaired. Coverage is provided at a certain dollar amount per day for a set number of days.
- Towing and Labor - covers you for the cost of towing your business vehicle to a repair shop if it is unable to be driven following an auto accident.
As shown above, a commercial auto insurance policy essentially has the same coverages provided under a personal auto policy. A functioning vehicle is the heart of a business' operation, especially for businesses that are mobile in nature. Commercial auto policies can be tailored to extend coverage to various types of vehicles, including cars, vans, trucks, limousines, tow trucks, semi-trucks, and flatbeds. Our agents take the time to obtain all relevant and pertinent information about your business to ensure that all of your vehicles and drivers are properly covered.
Contact Us today for more information on obtaining commercial auto insurance.