For most Americans, a house is the largest financial investment they make in their lives. Your house is a haven for you and your family to come home to every day, so it is important to protect it from potential dangers. At ATAB Insurance Services, we provide solutions in Texas and California and work with you to curate a home insurance policy to properly protect your house so that you can rest each night with peace of mind.
Home insurance policies are designed to protect your house against a variety of perils, including, but not limited to: fire, theft, vandalism, lightning, hail, windstorm (check out our blog post on this topic), injuries, and any other accidents that occur on your property. It is important to note that flood coverage is not included in a homeowners policy - you will need to purchase a flood insurance policy separately.
Basic Home Insurance Policy Coverages:
- Dwelling Coverage - covers damages to the structure of your home caused by a covered peril. Coverage also extends to an attached garage.
- Personal Property - covers damages to your personal property inside your home if caused by a covered peril. These items may include furniture, electronics, clothing, appliances, and other personal necessities. If you have more expensive items in your home, such as jewelry, art pieces, or antiques, you can purchase a valuable articles endorsement to insure those items that are not automatically covered under a standard home insurance policy.
- Other Structures - covers damages to structures that are not attached to the main frame of your house. These may include, but are not limited to: detached garages, sheds, doghouses, outdoor bathrooms, and other detached structures.
- Personal Liability - covers costs in the event that an individual is injured or suffers a loss to their personal property while they are on your premises. For additional liability coverage, you may also purchase a personal umbrella policy.
- Loss of Use - covers costs for temporary housing and meal expenses should your home be unlivable as a result of property damage.
- Medical Payments - covers medical costs related to injuries sustained by your guests while they are on your property.
or Contact us today for more information on homeowners insurance.